- Download “Let the People Rejoice” — 86 classic hymns. (It’s a large zip file, about 327MB, so it will take a minute or two.)
- Here’s a link to listen to single songs or see the entire song list.
- Spiritual Eldercare YouTube channel! Online versions of all 86 hymns with lyrics. If possible, please subscribe to the channel, which will help increase its visibility so others will find it.
- Click here for a ready-to-use PDF hymnal that corresponds to my worship services (includes 29 songs in order of use).
- Click here for a PDF file of all the song lyrics (85 songs), without page numbers so you can pick and choose.
- Click here for a PDF of all song lyrics (85 songs) with page numbers and an index.
- New! Sheet music PDFs.
- Download “O Come All Ye Faithful” — 20 Christmas hymns arranged as sing-alongs for elders with dementia.
- Download the Christmas songbook.
If you have trouble with the downloads, read this troubleshooting guide.
A reminder: These professionally recorded hymns are not typical performance tracks. They are specifically arranged as sing-alongs for elders with Alzheimer’s and other dementias; that is, slower, shorter, and in a lower key than usual. (But of course anyone may enjoy them.)
Here’s a good, simple article about how MP3 files work. As the article says, “MP3 is simply a file format that compresses a song into a smaller size so it is easier to move around and store on your home computer or portable music player,” such as an iPhone or iPod.
How to use these recordings
With this hymns collection, you can:
- Create a personalized playlist for your elder with the songs he or she loves.
- Offer a hymn sing-along session at your eldercare community.
- Provide an hour-long worship service at your eldercare residence, complete with ready-made worship agendas and songs. (If you’re not sure which songs to choose for a church service, don’t worry: I’ll be creating ready-to-use hymnals very soon.)
- Use the songs as calming background music for someone who is agitated, resting, or nearing the end of life.
- Enjoy them yourself anytime!
If I’m missing one of your favorite hymns, please let me know in the comments below.
Peace be with you,