Downloads are free! However, I gratefully accept donations, which pay for ongoing licensing.
MP3 files of 80+ professionally recorded sing-along hymns and spirituals, specifically arranged for elders with dementia.
Videos of 80+ dementia-friendly hymns with lyrics, plus numerous, full-length nondenominational church services.
Ready-to-print, large-font songbooks for the classic hymns and spirituals, with or without page numbers.
Use this music, transposed to a lower key than usual, to play along with the classic hymns recordings.
20 professionally recorded, beloved holiday carols arranged for elders with Alzheimer’s and other dementias.
Review all 110 hymn and Christmas song titles included in the downloads on this site.
If you have trouble with the downloads, read this troubleshooting guide.
A reminder: These professionally recorded hymns are not typical performance tracks. They are specifically arranged as sing-alongs for elders with Alzheimer’s and other dementias; that is, slower, shorter, and in a lower key than usual. (But of course anyone may enjoy them.)
Here’s a good, simple article about how MP3 files work. As the article says, “MP3 is simply a file format that compresses a song into a smaller size so it is easier to move around and store on your home computer or portable music player,” such as an iPhone or iPod.
How to use these recordings
With this hymns collection, you can:
- Create a personalized playlist for your elder with the songs he or she loves.
- Offer a hymn sing-along session at your eldercare community.
- Provide an hour-long worship service at your eldercare residence, complete with ready-made worship agendas and songs.
- Use the songs as calming background music for someone who is agitated, resting, or nearing the end of life.
- Enjoy them yourself anytime!
If I’m missing one of your favorite hymns, please let me know in the comments below.