I am pretty much beside myself with cheer.
“O Come All Ye Faithful” — 20 sing-along carols specifically arranged for elders with dementia — is ready for free download! You’ll also find a free songbook that corresponds to these songs and my Advent worship services.
I am so grateful to my vocalists: Ben Lunstad, co-founder of Face Vocal Band, and Charlotte Warren Sass, Denver jazz performer, songwriter, and worship leader. I couldn’t be more pleased with the way these talented singers sound together, and they were a delight to work with.
And again, to my amazing pianist, Richard Capp … my endless thanks.
Done, done, done!
Even more amazing: Now that the Christmas set is finished, that means the entire Hymns for Alzheimer’s recording project is DONE! In total, this project represents:
- more than two years of dreaming and planning
- 30-plus hours of rehearsal time
- more than 30 hours of professional studio recording time with nine vocalists and two pianists
- at least 72 hours of studio editing and mixing (thank you, sound magician Kyle Smith and Coupe Studios)
- more than $6,000 raised through dozens of supporters (plus half again that amount donated by Dave and myself)
- untold hours of hymn research, choosing songs and lyrics, tracking down copyrights, assembling set lists, scheduling, and other details.
I’m not sure how to convey my gratitude (and relief!). This has been such a labor of love, and SO many people have encouraged and supported this effort — I hope you know how much I appreciate you. You have been and are a huge blessing to me and to the dear elders who sing these songs with joy every single week here in Boulder County.
And this project reaches far beyond Colorado: I’m getting emails from around the country and even the world from people who are finding these resources and using them to bless elders.
I hope you enjoy them. Please let me know how it goes or if you have any questions.