These classic carols are specifically arranged as sing-alongs for elders with Alzheimer’s and other dementias: slower, shorter, and in a lower key than usual.
(It’s a fairly large zip file, about 92MB, so it might take a minute.)
- Angels from the Realms of Glory
- Angels We Have Heard on High
- Away in a Manger
- The First Noel
- Go Tell it on the Mountain
- God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
- Good Christian Friends, Rejoice
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
- Here We Come A-Wassailing
- It Came Upon the Midnight Clear
- Joy to the World
- Lo, How a Rose E’er Blooming
- O Come All Ye Faithful
- O Come O Come Emmanuel
- O Holy Night
- O Little Town of Bethlehem
- Silent Night
- We Three Kings
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas (church version)
- What Child is This
My sincere thanks to my super-talented vocalists, Ben Lunstad and Charlotte Sass, and my amazing pianist, Richard Capp, for lending their beautiful gifts to this special recording!
Don’t miss 86 more classic hymns
ICYMI, you can also download 86 classic hymns–Amazing Grace, How Great Thou Art, Be Thou My Vision, Sweet Hour of Prayer, and dozens more–and lyrics. I’ve created these free downloads so that anyone can host a sing-along at a senior residence or at home–no musical talent required 🙂
Simply download the files to your home computer, then transfer to iTunes or Google Play (and, if you want to be super portable, to your iPhone) and play them through a decent speaker.
Please send me a note and tell me how you use these song files and how it goes–I love stories!
Peace be with you,