Cue the fireworks!
I am thrilled to announce that Phase 1 of the Hymns for Alzheimer’s project is DONE!
Go straight to the downloads on this page. Simply click on a song title, then click the three vertical dots to download that song file. Transfer each song file to a library in iTunes. Then you can easily load them onto your iPhone or iPad in whatever order you choose.
For a PDF of all the song lyrics, click here.
With this collection of 58 hymns, you can:
- Create a personalized playlist for your elder with the songs he or she loves.
- Offer a hymn sing-along session at your eldercare community.
- Provide an hour-long worship service at your eldercare residence, complete with ready-made worship agendas and songs. (If you’re not sure which songs to choose for a church service, don’t worry: I’ll be creating ready-to-use hymnals very soon.)
- Use the songs as calming background music for someone who is agitated, resting, or nearing the end of life.
- Enjoy them yourself anytime!
I’ll be working on Phase 2 (gospels and spirituals, Christmas songs, and a few more hymns) in early 2019, so stay tuned for more.
I am so, so thankful to each and every one of you who has supported (and continues to support) this labor of love. Read my Thanks and Acknowledgments in more detail.
I can’t wait to get going on the next set after the holidays, but for now: Celebrate with me! And let me know what you think in the comments below!
Peace be with you,
Photo by firstname.lastname@example.org