Faith is the theme of this week’s nondenominational church service video, suitable for older adults with Alzheimer’s and other dementias.
Whether you view this 47-minute YouTube video at home with a loved one or in a long-term care community, you’ll find all the elements you need to enjoy a complete worship service:
- Familiar hymns with lyrics, arranged specifically for elders with dementia (slower, shorter, and in a lower key)
- Scripture readings (Psalm 146, 1 Peter)
- Quotes on faith from various sources
- An interactive homily: faith as relationship
- A reading from The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald (Takeaway quote: “Seeing is not believing–it is only seeing.”)
Enjoy the video! And please let me know anything else you might need and how I can be praying for you and your loved ones as we all continue with coronavirus restrictions.