This weekend begins the most serious and the most joyful week in the Christian faith.
I’ve already received several inquires about interactive, dementia-friendly resources for Passion Week, so I decided to post them all at once. These are all newly updated for 2023 and are suitable for older adults with Alzheimer’s and other dementias.
- Palm Sunday video church service (42 minutes). If possible, purchase fresh or artificial palm fronds; give one to each elder.
- Palm Sunday written church service agenda, if you’d like to provide the service yourself.
Maundy Thursday (The Last Supper)
- Bible study discussion video (18 minutes, designed for a 30-40 minute discussion). This looks at Luke 22, the story of Jesus’ Last Supper, and includes a celebration of communion, the symbol of the Last Supper. (Learn more about serving communion to elders with dementia.)
- Maundy Thursday Bible study written guide.
- Good Friday video church service (30 minutes) and optional accompanying special hymnal.
- Good Friday written church service agenda and accompanying hymnal.
- Note: Please use care with this service for elders with dementia. Although many elders appreciate it, it may upset others. Skip or modify the scripture readings if you notice any agitation.
- Easter video church service (43 minutes) and optional accompanying special hymnal.
- Easter written church service agenda and accompanying hymnal.
- Hallelujah Chorus sing-along video. This recording, used by permission, is a separate video to honor the copyright. Encouraging people to sing along makes for a rousing ending to the Easter service! If you’re using my Easter video, at the very end click on the end-screen thumbnail image to play the Hallelujah Chorus.
I hope these resources bring blessing to you and your elders as you reflect, remember, and celebrate this Holy Week.
Peace be with you,
Photo by Arno Senoner on Unsplash
One thought on “Dementia-friendly Passion Week: Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter”
div>Thank you so very much for your offerings, and for making th